Follow these 3 steps to start mentoring:
- Express interest in becoming a mentor for Sprouting Leaders by filling out the registration form.
- Then, proceed to Step 2.
- Fill out the CPS Volunteer Form. (select “Corkery” or “Funston” as the primary school.
- Please follow the steps contained on the online CPS Volunteer application through CiviCore.
- You will be considered a Level 1 volunteer.
- Select “Other” under Organization/Affiliation.
- Purpose for volunteering: Sprouting leaders within our communities..
CPS Volunteer Form
- Wait for CPS approval. During this period we will contact you in order to set up a plan and hold an orientation.
- We’ll keep an eye on the progress of your application.
- Sit tight. We’ll be in contact shortly.
View our Events
Frequently Asked Questions
- Help them set goals
- Help them with homework
- Acts as a resource to teach the them professional skills
- Encourage them to attend college
The list above gives you a good idea of the types of things a mentor can do, but what happens in a mentoring relationship ultimately depends on how well a mentor and mentee interact with each other.
Our current program is operated through the collegiate chapters located at University of Illinois at Chicago and Northeastern Illinois University. Mentors from both locations are put in contact with our dedicated leaders who can instruct you on where to go and how to be an effective mentor. Mentors typically visit the school on a weekly basis to help with after school activities. The time and day are flexible and we will work with you to determine the best fit.